GrandNode 3.90 is out now! In the newest version we focues on improving performance and safety. The highest stats in Google and Marketing Analyzing Tools speak for themselves.
Market is saturated now, there are hunded if not more e-commerce softwares. Starting from simple SaaS, through open source projects like nopCommerce or GrandNode and ending on personalized paid solutions. Each developer need to stay fresh and progressive. In our office we discussed about possibilities to improve main elements of GrandNode. Taking into account the latest trends the choice was simple - we need to look into speed and performance.
Conclusions? In GrandNode was a lot of room to maneuver. First thing on which we lean on were images. Online stores are an online bank of pictures. An average of one product fall 3 to 4 images. So if you have large base of product, problem become bigger than you think. We implement library pingo.exe, each image is lossless converted.
Next step was to change way of saving settings in admin panel. For now it took too long time. If you want to save any setting in GrandNode it will apply changes 2-3 times faster.
It's also worth to mention that we changed default theme of GrandNode. Theme is using Bootstrap 4 which offers exceptional shopping experience on every device. No more default GrandNode styles, template fully use only Bootstrap 4 what gives you possibility to easily create your own themes without problems and issues with compatibility with GrandNode. Theme creation never was so easy as with Bootstrap 4.0 Theme.
Accessibility is not the marketing babble. It's technical standard developed with individuals and organizations around the whole world. You may don't know but only in United States 57 millions of people (19%!) have disability issues. This number shows how important is to help them with website exploring. Current standard is Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (in shortcut WCAG) 2.0. Examples of Accessibility solutions? Text alternatives for non-text content such as sliders, product images, also consistent navigation. More information about WCAG 2.0 guidelines you can find on official W3 site here: http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/glance/
Store performance is the most important thing in e-commerce industry. We know it, so our template meets all requirements in accordance with the latest web standards. It has almost 100/100 performance and speed rate on site performance tools and optimizers. It has been successfully validate by W3C, Wave and the most popular web accessibility and performance tools. Future is here.
Mobile is the future of nowadays e-commerce, so all stores, websites, blogs need to be compatible with smart phones, tablets. Our theme was tested with all the most popular devices and browsers. What gives you guarantee that this theme will be fully compatible with them.
Above you have the most important changes in GrandNode 3.90. Rest of them you can find in our release notes below:
Categories for newsletters
You are able to specify newsletter category. When customer will subscribe to the newsletter, he will be able to choose which category interests him, category A, B, C. Then you can export customers interested in specified categories and send them emails.
Totally new feature which gives you possibility to create custom forms which can appear when customer made specified action.
Extended interface of shipping rate computation method
This new feature allows you to create new fields in shipping plugins. For example if developer wants to add in Shipping integration add field "Preferred hours of shipment" you can do it with this new feature.
From the 3.90 version you are able to add watermark image or text to your pictures in the store. You can specify where watermark should appear, specify its position.
Improved multi warehouse feature
In the newest version of GrandNode we've made some improvements. In the last versions when customer make an order GrandNode was calculating stock quantity from all available warehouses. From now you are able to select from which warehouse order should be send, if in used warehouse this product is out of stock, customer won't be able to order it.
Application forces an update
From the 3.90 version when you are making an update only one thing which you need to do is open store and if application will check that you have old database - press "Run upgrade". It ease up process of upgrading, so even beginners are able to make this process fast and without any issues.
Compliance with PCI DSS 3.2 Requirements
GrandNode Team puts the pressure on customers security. In the admin area appeared new settings.
- Password lifetime - determine how long the password is active, after which time customer will be forced to change it.
- Maximum login failures - determine after how many times failed attemps to login customer will be lockout.
- Lockout time (login failures) - determine how long will customer be lockout.
- Unduplicated passwords number - password must be unique. you can determine after how many password change you can duplicate it again.
Rest of changes:
- Possibility to set order minimum numer
- Moved „Contact Us” emails to message templates
- Voting for posts
- Add pingo.exe to the project
- New tax setting: „Default tax category for product”
- Cache static content by default for 7 days (cacheControlMaxAge)
- Stock quantity default value set to zero
- Added a message token for custom customer attributes
- Allow customer to apply multiple discount coupon codes
- New library ImageProcessor
- New type of condition: Unpaid orders in Customer Reminder
- Changes in Event Publisher
- Polls: ACL for polls, Limited to stores and languages for polls answers
- Add new tokens: RecentlyViewedProducts.Products and RecentlyViewedProducts.ProductsWithPictures
- Start end date to tier prices
- Blog and news: New way for support multi language
- Product reviews: Product can be reviewed only by customers who have already ordered it
- Order: Hide the choice of payment method on checkout if „Use my reward points” is selected and points are enough to pay the order in full
- Discount by vendor
- Email sent to vendor should not be in the customer language
- Improved campaign module: Added new conditions – customer role
- SEO friendly URLs with Multiple Languages
- Do not allow to remove required produts from the cart
- Hide downloadable product tab if customer don’t have any
- Payment method description
- Customer reminders levels new option – add minutes
- URL Referrer for Customer and Order
- New activity type in Action Log – PublicStore. Viewed Url
- Admin panel: Changes in the product edit
- Admin panel: Allow editing of specification attribute on the product page
- Admin panel: Blog and news list
- Admin panel: Minor changes in import resources
- New setting: Limit of featured products
- New setting: Deactivating gift cards when deleting an order
- Increase performance: Categories in top menu and category navigation block can use the same model
- Increase performance: Optimalization for images
- Increase performance: Save settings in panel administration
- Increase performance: Orders
- Increase performance: Changes in MongoDB indexes
- Increase performance: Recently viewed products moved to database from cookies
- Increase performance: Removed unused controllers
- Increase performance: The speed of loading agents was increased and memory usage was reduced
- Enable TLS 1.2 support for entire application
- Show images on wishlist
- Counter for digital downloads
- History of send emails in Mailing Campaigns
- Vendors should not see product of other vendors in PDF Invoices
- Action type „Login” shows log Customer: „null” in Action Log
- Discount validation in order
- Reminder level view
- Appearance of levels in Customer Reminders history
- Clear cache after delete manufacturer
- Fixed problem with Picture Size (ValidatePicture)
- Fixed problem with PayPal Direct
- Fixed problem – GenericAttributes in customer action event
- Fixed problem with Addres validation
- Fixed problem with save checkout attributes
- Fixed problem with Filtering by attributes
- Fixed problem with deleted discounts
- Fixed problem with deleted picture on the product
- Fixed problem with Current Shopping cart after upgrade MongoDB library
- Fixed Autofac warnings
- Fixed Birthday Task in Customer Reminder
- Minor text fixes