Scalable eCommerce with MongoDB database
In the current situation on the market, each site is very rich in content. Online stores offers hundreds of products that have a lot of content, pictures and each customer left milions of geographically information. eCommerce softwares are facing a big challenge of processing massive amounts of data.
- Slow site with massive data about users, information, traffic.
- Inelastic SQL schema makes an application inefficient.
- SQL is not suitable for linear scalability to support massive amount of data.
- Complex models and Entity–Attribute–Value database design leads to less flexibility.
- A key element in the ecommerce scalability is related to databases
How it works in eCommerce
- With dynamic scalability MongoDB is the best fit for massive spikes in usage during seasonal swings.
- Increasing content and data, rules and analytics, social media content require scalable architecture, which is need of nowadays Ecommerce.
- Ecommerce has a lot of temporary data such as shopping carts, information about session, MongoDB is the best for this kind of projects.
- Major priority for any ecommerce store should has an architecture designed to handle the growing user base.
Key aspects in MongoDB implementation
- No more relational complexity
- Best suited for dynamic eCommerce operations
- Best for read-heavy scenarios
- Scalable, efficient architecture
- Strong, free community support
- Imprvoed performance and high availability
- Cost effectiveness
Leave your comment