Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:26:55 PM
  • Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:47 AM
It may be change in the Ubuntu 16.6, when I've created a tutorial about installation on Ubuntu 16.4, after installation everything worked fine, so probably the Ubuntu 16.6 needs additional changes. But that's great that it's working now!
  • Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 3:28 AM
Hi there!
Is there any additional steps for Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS version?
I have this error when I tried to follow the steps:
A timeout occured after 30000ms selecting a server using CompositeServerSelector
{
Selectors = MongoDB.Driver.MongoClient+AreSessionsSupportedServerSelector,
LatencyLimitingServerSelector{ AllowedLatencyRange = 00:00:00.0150000 }
}.
Client view of cluster state is {
ClusterId : "1", ConnectionMode : "Automatic", Type : "Unknown", State : "Disconnected",
Servers : [{ ServerId: "{ ClusterId : 1, EndPoint : "Unspecified/my-server:27017" }",
EndPoint: "Unspecified/my-server:27017", State: "Disconnected", Type: "Unknown",
HeartbeatException: "MongoDB.Driver.MongoConnectionException: An exception occurred while opening a connection to the server. ---> System.Net.Internals.SocketExceptionFactory+ExtendedSocketException: No such device or address at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName) at System.Net.Dns.ResolveCallback(Object context)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Net.Dns.HostResolutionEndHelper(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Dns.EndGetHostAddresses(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at MongoDB.Driver.Core.Connections.TcpStreamFactory.ResolveEndPointsAsync(EndPoint initial) at MongoDB.Driver.Core.Connections.TcpStreamFactory.CreateStreamAsync(EndPoint endPoint, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MongoDB.Driver.Core.Connections.BinaryConnection.OpenHelperAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MongoDB.Driver.Core.Connections.BinaryConnection.OpenHelperAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MongoDB.Driver.Core.Servers.ServerMonitor.HeartbeatAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)" }] }.
  • Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 7:30 AM
hey Nguyen,
time out means that server is not reachable.
try these steps.
1-check the connection string
2-make sure that mongo service is running.
3-if you are connecting to external database make sure the external server allows your connection (not blocking port or your ip ..etc)
*NOTICE THAT SERVER NAME AND DB NAME ARE CASE SENSITIVE
  • Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 4:05 AM
Thank you for the reply. I will try
  • Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 10:14 PM
Regards! Could you please tell me the steps to install GrandNode 4:40 in Ubuntu Bionic Beaver no docker with Nginx and Mongo?
  • Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 7:05 AM
Hello,

We are working on the updated installation guide, but you can look at our latest installation guide on Ubuntu - https://grandnode.com/how-to-install-grandnode-on-linux-ubuntu-1604

Best,
Patryk
  • Posted: Friday, March 15, 2019 11:06 PM
Hi, Patryk! I can not get GrandNode 4:40 working on Ubuntu Bionic Beaver (server) with Mongo-Nginx following your latest guide for Ubuntu-1604: although dotnet-sdk-2.2 works correctly (Hello, Word) however it has privilege and patch problems when I run "dotnet restore GrandNode.sln". Could you help me get out of such a frustrating traffic jam?
  • Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 9:00 AM
Can you share with us an error log?
  • Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 8:58 PM
Hi, Patryk. Sorry for the delay in responding, it happens that I survive in a country (Venezuela) where electricity and the Internet are very scarce. But this is what I get when I run "dotnet restore GrandNode.sln":
  Restoring packages for /usr/share/nginx/html/grandnode/grandnode-Release-4.40/Grand.Core/Grand.Core.csproj ...
  Restoring packages for /usr/share/nginx/html/grandnode/grandnode-Release-4.40/Grand.Api/Grand.Api.csproj ...
  Generating MSBuild file /usr/share/nginx/html/grandnode/grandnode-Release-4.40/Grand.Core/obj/Grand.Core.csproj.nuget.g.props.
/home/ruben/dotnet/sdk/2.2.104/NuGet.targets(114,5): error: Access to the path '/usr/share/nginx/html/grandnode/grandnode-Release-4.40/Grand.Core/ obj 'is denied. [/usr/share/nginx/html/grandnode/grandnode-Release-4.40/GrandNode.sln]
/home/ruben/dotnet/sdk/2.2.104/NuGet.targets(114,5): error: Permission denied [/usr/share/nginx/html/grandnode/grandnode-Release-4.40/GrandNode.sln]
Environment: LSB Version: core-9.20170808ubuntu1-noarch: security-9.20170808ubuntu1-noarch
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Release: 18.04
Codename: bionic
dotnet --version
  • Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 9:04 PM
Hi, Patryk. In scope to the above:
drwxr-xr-x 11 www-data www-data 4096 Mar 12 15:05 grandnode-Release-4.40